This Policy does not apply to the collection, storage and other processing of personal information, or any information related to, or gathered in the process of, the treatment of animals that is collected and processed by Scribenote on your behalf. Any information that we collect on a client’s behalf is subject to the privacy policies of those clients, which we do not control.
We collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us during registration. We also collect information automatically when you use Scribenote, which may or may not be personal information.
We will only collect as much information as is reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected.
When you agree to the use of Scribenote, we will ask you to provide your first name, last name, telephone number, email address, title, and address of work office.
You will also be asked to create a password to access your account. All billing information will be collected and processed by our third-party payment processor, Stripe.
When you download, access, and use the App or access our Website, we will use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use Scribenote, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of Scribenote, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Services.
- Device Information. We collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
When you use the Website or the App, the following additional information will be collected automatically:
- We use so-called “cookies,” web beacons, and other similar tracking technologies, including from third-party partners such as Google, to be able to better target advertisements and for marketing purposes.
- These technologies allow us the ability to display our promotional material to you when you visit external sites.
We may share information related to your access and engagement on our Website with certain third parties (including third-party websites or social networking platforms) for the purposes of providing you with better targeted advertisements.
We use your personal information:
- To provide you with Scribenote and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- To assist you to administer your relationship with your customer and their animal.
- If you choose to opt in to our mailing list, we may send you, from time to time, promotional information we think will be of interest to you. You will have the opportunity to opt out of those communications at any time following the instructions in the communication or by contacting us indicating your wishes firstname.lastname@example.org.
The usage and device information we automatically collect helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize when Scribenote is used and which features are accessed.
We collect this information on an aggregated basis only and will not be linked with your personal information.
We will not sell or give your information to any third party. We will only share or disclose your information as follows:
- To contractors, service providers, third-party processors, and other third parties we use to deliver the Services.
- To a purchaser in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Scribenote’s assets.
- As may be required by law or as legitimately requested by law enforcement or pursuant to a legal obligation, in which case we will use reasonable efforts to provide notice to you.
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We will accommodate your request within a reasonable time. Depending on the nature of the request, it may mean that you will no longer be able to use our Services via Scribenote.
We will retain information collected via Scribenote for as long as we are providing Services to you with respect to such information. We will retain information for as long as it may be required under applicable laws and regulations. We will delete information when it is no longer required or within six (6) months after you are no longer a client. If you wish for us to retain your information for longer, please contact us.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational data security measures. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we follow all legal requirements and do our best to protect your personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee you that it will be.
Scribenote is located in Ontario. All data will be transferred and stored in data centres in the United States, which is where our third-party providers are located. While located in the United States, personal information will be subject to US federal and state laws, including potential access by US law enforcement.
Where applicable, we will seek your express consent to contact you, including by way of commercial electronic messages. This consent is sought by Scribenote and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic messages by following the instructions in the message.
Even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, please be aware that we may still contact you for other purposes. For example, we may contact you to provide communications you have consented to receive, regarding the services we provide to you, or if you contact us with an inquiry.
If you have any complaints regarding our use of personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
You are also entitled to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada toll-free: 1-800-282-1376 if you wish to file a complaint about our privacy practices.